AlexRenew is run by a team of approximately 100 employees, including skilled administrators, engineers, and wastewater operators licensed at the highest level of certification for their position. We offer our employees a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits, which includes a strong emphasis on professional growth opportunities. In addition, we provide wellness programs to help our employees balance a successful career with a healthy lifestyle.
- Medical and Prescription:Coverage is provided through United Healthcare, with a high-deductible plan. Medical is a voluntary benefit, shared cost between AlexRenew and the employee.
- Dental:Coverage is provided through Delta Dental. You can enroll in the dental plan regardless of whether you enroll in the AlexRenew’s group medical plan. Dental is a voluntary benefit, shared cost between AlexRenew and the employee.
- Vision: A separate, comprehensive vision plan is provided by United Healthcare. You can enroll in the vision plan regardless of whether you enroll in AlexRenew’s group medical plan. Vision is a voluntary, company-sponsored plan at no cost to the employee.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Benefit Resource provides Dependent Care and Transit accounts.
- Life and AD&D Insurance: Cigna provides life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. A benefit of one and a half times your annual salary up to a maximum of $250,000 is provided to each eligible employee. This is a company-sponsored plan at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Life Insurance – Employee: Employees can elect to purchase additional life insurance in increments of $10,000 (up to a max benefit of $500,000), with a guarantee issue of $150,000 for employees under age 70 at initial enrollment.
- Short Term Disability: Cigna provides a benefit of 70% to 100% of base weekly salary to each eligible employee, with AlexRenew continuing to pay the employee’s salary based on approval from the administrator. The benefit begins following a 7-day waiting period and is provided for up to 25 weeks. This is a company-sponsored plan at no cost to the employee.
- Long Term Disability: Cigna provides a benefit of 60% of monthly salary to a maximum of $7,000 is provided to each eligible employee. The benefit begins following the disability date, a 6-month elimination period, and duration maximum subject to age at disability. This is a company-sponsored plan at no cost to the employee.
Retirement Plan Benefits
- Virginia Retirement System: We offer a defined retirement plan that provides a lifetime monthly benefit in retirement based on your age and total service credit.
- 457(b) Savings Plan:Mass Mutual provides a deferred compensation plan. You may defer a maximum of $19,500 each year (2020) and an additional catch-up contribution of $ 6,500 if over age 50. You reduce your current income taxes while investing for retirement. Your earnings accumulate tax-deferred. Employees are eligible to participate upon their date of hire. AlexRenew will also contribute an employer match up to 2.5% of an employee’s 4.0% contribution with a 4-year vesting schedule on the employer match, member contributions are vested immediately.
- Holidays: We observe eight (8) holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Employees receive four (4) floating holidays per year to allow for more flexibility.
- Paid Time Off: Paid benefit granted to eligible employees for personal time away from work to spend with family, friends, and self. Leave is accrued each pay period (bi-weekly) based on years of service.
- Purchased Paid Time Off: In an effort to help employees achieve a better balance between work and personal life, we offer employees with less than five years of service to buy up to 40 hours off through the Purchase Paid Time Off (PPTO) program.
2021 Benefits Summary new hires.pdf
2021 Benefits Summary