Not only do our programs offer free tuition and classroom training, but you also get paid while training!
Our programs are recognized and approved by the Virginia Department of Education and the Virginia Department of Labor, so apprentices earn full qualification to jump-start rewarding and valuable careers:
- Wastewater Systems Technician: Gain expertise in the operation of our treatment facility to ensure effective and efficient operations of the liquids and solids treatment process. We offer a two-year program, with 300 hours of academic study and 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Wastewater Mechanic: Gain mechanical expertise in the design and analysis of advanced wastewater mechanical systems. We offer a two-year program, with 300 hours of academic study and 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Controls Systems Technician (Electrician): Gain expertise in the design and analysis of instrumentation, electrical and control systems for AlexRenew’s wastewater treatment facility. We offer a four-year program, with 600 hours of academic study and 8,000 hours of on-the-job training.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older at the time of entry
- High school diploma or an equivalency certificate
- Complete and pass the Math Test
- Prior experience can be credited toward the on-the-job training or coursework (with approval by the apprentice representative)
*Apprentice applications are only accepted when positions are available. Please check our Career Page for current job opportunities.